Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nikko Toshogu Shrine

Hello! It has been a month since my last post. Since I am entering my last summer break as a university student, I'm pretty much sure I'll blog more often from now on! 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



So at the end of May, I went for a bus trip to Nikko. It was organized by the official international  community of my university. The price was very cheap but the only minus thing was that they divided us into groups randomly... 

I know nothing about the Japanese history but the Toshogu shrine was built for Tokugawa Ieyasu, a name which is familiar to all of you?
We were also very lucky to be there just right after the renovation was finished. The shrine is probably the most beautiful shrine I have ever visited so far! All the carvings, decorations, golds and the location itself are mesmerising. 

Spotted this pagoda before entering the shrine

A dad teaching her young daughter how to take picture


3 famous monkeys.

The imaginary elephant. It said that the one who made it had never seen an elephant before. That explains how the elephant (right) looks a little bit weird.







The entrance of Ieyasu's tomb








Follow me on Instagram for daily update:
Amelia's Instagram



A

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful temple, I'm glad that you are having fun in your last uni holiday.

    http://jonbearandcarlyngirl.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! The shrine looks beautiful.
    Enjoy your vacation~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...